Lately I’ve realized that I am thinking in mini-blog posts. I have these random thoughts, as I’m sure you do, throughout the course of every day. And so, for lack of another solution, I shall organize these random bites of Kim-ness right here.
In a weekly Rant ‘n Rave.
Some positive. Some not so positive.
No purpose. No rhyme. No reason. Just a whole lot of ranting and raving.
And maybe not even weekly. Omg.
1. Sports Illustrated. Thank you for putting the riskiest picture possible on your cover. I’m no prude, but for goodness sake, even Cosmo has the decency to block their front covers in supermarkets. Perhaps not of their choosing. But still. Wowza. I don’t want my girls seeing that thankyouverymuch.
2. Oh New England. I’m so sorry for all the snow you’re getting. I truly am. But spring is coming in only 37 days! Doesn’t help, does it?
3. To Kanye West. I’m pretty sure everyone at the Grammy’s is an artist. That includes Beyonce. Just because your choice didn’t win, doesn’t mean you need to step on anyone else. Pretty sure Beck didn’t appreciate it. Pretty sure Beyonce doesn’t need you to stand up for her. And pretty sure it made you look like a giant asshat. Sit down and shut up or don’t go to the Grammy’s.
4. Delaware. Delaying school for severely icy roads was a good call. Cancelling school on the same day when the forecast predicted rising temperatures (which would melt said ice) was a dumb call.
5. Jimmy Fallon. Thank you for being awesome. That’s all, really.
6. Jon Stewart. Why?????????????
7. Disney/ABC. Why did you not invite ANY Asian bloggers to your press junket for Fresh Off the Boat? I don’t understand. Truly, I do not.
8. Judy Blume. Happy Birthday! This woman helped me through adolescence. She’s 77 today. What an impact she had and continues to have on young adult readers. And indeed, all readers. Yay Judy Blume!
9. The Breakfast Club. I cannot believe it’s been 30 years since this movie came out but they’re doing a re-release for the anniversary this year! I loved this movie so much. And the song by Simple Minds…”don’t you….forget about me….” Such a special high school memory, especially since I saw it with tons of MHS chorus friends after our summer cookout. 🙂
10. Libraries. I love them. And my girls do, too. The library in our new town is good, but not great. So today we traveled to the library in the bigger town about ten miles away. Good call! The girls loved it and we came home armed with new videos and books to get us through the next few weeks.
11. Hugs. I love them. I give them. I need them. I love them. Lots.
So how was your week?